It is hard to believe that in one day I will be done with my chemo treatments. It feels like just yesterday I was entering the infusion room for the first time as a chemo "newbie." Now, I feel like a veteran and now I walk in and find my favorite spot, say hi to the nurses and watch as other "newbies" come in looking numb as they enter the room for the first time. Although, I am anxious to get chemo over with, there is also this part that will miss it--not the drugs of course, but the time I got to spend uninterupted with my friends and family and my favorite nurse Ramona. It is a time I will always remember and I will always look at chemo as a fond memory because of this.
Overall, chemo wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be. I remember when my surgeon said "There are three courses of treatment for breast cancer-surgery, radiation and chemo and you will need all three." I focused immediately on the chemo and replayed all the chemo scenes from movies--losing your hair, getting sick, lying in bed not being able to do anything. But honestly if everything goes as smoothly as chemo, I will feel very blessed. It hasn't been the easiest road-but I never got sick and although I would be a little tired, sometimes queasy and once in a while would get a headache, I still worked full time, ran after my two little girls and Ben, hosted lots of holiday parties, kept up with laundry, avoided the stomach flu... Bottom line--I survived chemo. And I hope everyone is right, If I can survive chemo, I can survive anything.
Please check out the amazing video my friend's Dreu and Kiley put together at my 5th chemo treatment that talks about my journey with breast cancer. We are doing the 3-day walk in August and are looking to raise $10,000 as a team. Our team name is TLC: Together Let's Fight Cancer (also used to be my initials before I got married.) http://www.youtube.com/cancer3day
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Dearest Teresa Spencer & Family
Greetings & Salutations! My name is Wayne Sanders, & I live in Wichita Falls, Texas.I ran onto your U-Tube video by accident posted by your friend Dreu Adams. I would so love for you to email me at whydouluv@yahoo.com. or go onto my myspace account and request an add using that email address. You & your wonderful family are in my thoughts & prayers daily. Sincerely Wayne Sanders
Post a Comment