Wednesday, December 10, 2008
One Month and Still Going Strong
It's hard to believe that a month has already gone by since my cancer diagnosis. It seems like yesterday and so far away at the same time. I just can't believe how much has happened in a month since I received the phone call. At the time, I was very upset about the diagnosis, but now I see cancer in a completely different light. I don't look at cancer as a bad thing (although it is), instead I try to look at the positive side of cancer and believe it or not so far I actually see more positives then negatives. As I was getting my second treatment today, I was a little annoyed at first that I had to take 4 hours of my day to have chemo administered. I had a lot of work to do and I knew it would just be piling up even more as I sat there. Then I realized that I need to look at this time as a blessing because every day I am so busy that I never get time to sit down and relax. I am either working, taking care of the girls and Ben, cleaning the house, shopping, running around doing errands.... So I decided chemo time is my time and once I decided that I felt great! What I have learned in my time at chemo is that I have the most incredible friends in the world and the best father-in-law anyone could ever ask for. Three of my friends came to visit me and I received several calls from others. I love spending time with my friends and it is so nice because at chemo there are no distractions so I learn more about my friends then I ever had before. Also, the bond I have now with my father-in-law is amazing, he has committed to going to every treatment with me and has helped Ben and I several times with watching the kids so we could have some adult time. So as I see it if it weren't for the cancer, I wouldn't have had these opportunities or my cute new haircut :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Teresa, I think your outlook is amazing, and it just shows how strong your faith is what a great person you are. Chad and I will be home over the break, so I hope you are planning on coming to Brenda's we would love to see you. Keep fighting with that smile on your face.:)
TC -
Every time I read your blog I am amazed at your strength. You are an inspiration :) I loved the Britney blog! Didn't realize you had so much in common - I can still picture you doing the "Hit me baby one more time" dance at your bachelorette party...
Hugs-
Joey
Post a Comment